Thursday, January 2, 2014

It's all about perspective!

Happy New Year everyone!!

As the New Year was approaching, I played ping pong between 2 thoughts. Was this the most horrible year or my life, since it was all spent being very sick, having brain surgery, going thru rehabilitation, recovering, finding my new "normal" and bla bla bla. OR was it the best one, simply because despite all this, things turned out pretty awesome.  I have said it so many times, the deficits I do have now, the fact that life has changed and i will never feel the same, all this is irrelevant to me compared to what i was told. All the times i sat in a Neuro's office, dizzy, struggling to walk or breathe normally, and told "inoperable" or "if you have surgery, you have a 95% chance of being paralysed, you will slowly disable until you have a deadly brain bleed, stroke, aneurysm .  So, was this the worse, or the best, year of my life?  I personally, sincerely, truly believe, it was the best!    I was ready to be disabled just so I could see my kids grow. I was expecting so much worse.  Yet, I went thru this very traumatic thing of accepting my own death, a miracle surgery, a splendid recovery, a great appreciation of life like few will ever know..

Surely, 2013 was a wonderful year.


No comments:

Post a Comment