Thursday, August 2, 2012

Changes

I always thought that people who have the inability to change anything in their routine, person or life, are too comfortable, not adventurous enough, or simply lazy. I still beleive that to some degree, but the past few months have made me see “changes” in a whole new light. 

It actually showed me that this kind of change is the easiest. The more comfortable you have been in life, the more you are likely to hate changes. When I left my ex to be in the street with 2 young boys, that change was harsh, but it was quite easy. Easy simply because I was absolutely miserable and nothing mattered anymore. Nothing but my boys and I being free of daily emotional torment. Yes, it was easy to give up everything, eat on the floor the same food every single day, and survive with 800$ a month. When I hear people give zillions of excuses on why they can’t change their situation, I simply think to myself that they are simply not miserable enough to act, yet. If you feel unhappy but won’t change, quit complaining! 

I was at a point in my life where other than the desire to always better myself, and keep a open mind on what comes my way, I didn’t find the true need for any major “change” ( to the exception of wanting to reduce the size of my oversized behind, of course)

Then, change came. A very unwelcome, not at all expected, nor desired change.
Not a change that require temporary discomfort of change of routine or the start of something unknown and new, no, the changes that completely make you have to re-invent yourself. 


From very energetic to no more energy, from very active to having to sit because your body disables you to do the things you not only knew, but we’re so much part of you that you never thought twice about them. Changes of the very traits that defined you and made people say “oh yes, this girl, she is “like this”"

Changes of personality, changes of how you perceive certain situations and people, changes in your ability to remember things and information. Not being able to focus anymore, not being able to be… You!!!
What do you do with this type of changes??

No comments:

Post a Comment